Below are the threads we recommend for bobbin use. They can be used both in the top and in the bobbin. It is absolutely OK to run a polyester thread on top and a cotton thread in the bobbin as well as stitching with a heavier thread in the top and a finer thread in the bobbin. Fiber and Weight choices are personal preference and largely depend on the desired overall appearance of the project.
- 60 wt. 2-ply lint-free filament polyester.
- Available in 55 colors.
- Ideal for hand and machine applique, detail quilting, embroidery, stitch-in-the-ditch, bobbin thread, trapunto, binding, free standing lace, heirloom sewing, serger, and garment construction.
- Several colors blend into fabrics so well that they appear invisible.
- Wonderful thread choice for micro stippling.
- #100 Japanese filament silk.
- Available in 80 colors.
- Ideal for hand and invisible machine appliqué, detail quilting, and bobbin thread.
- Can be used for apparel where silk thread is preferred.
- Because Kimono Silk is so fine, it seams to disappear into the fabric.
- Size A (.16mm in diameter).
- #50 Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton.
- Available in 75 solid colors.
- Nature's finest thread.
- Precision designed for piecing.
- Ideal for appliqué, detail quilting, bobbin thread, and lacework.
- Very smooth with virtually no lint.
- Invisible polyester monofilament thread.
- Available in 2 colors, clear and smoke.
- Use MonoPoly for invisible appliqué, quilting, bobbin, and apparel.
- Reduced-sheen invisible thread.
- Very fine size.
- Iron and dryer safe (medium heat).
- Will not become brittle over time (nylon monofilament thread tends to go brittle).
- Will not discolor (nylon monofilament thread tends to "yellow" over time).
- Strong with low stretch
- Tex 30 (approx. 40 wt.) poly-wrapped poly core thread designed for longarm machine quilting and high-quality apparel and clothing construction.
- Available in 172 solid colors.
- Cleaner, brighter, and stronger than other Tex 30 poly-wrapped poly core and spun polyester threads.
- OMNI is designed to withstand high-speed applications and can be used in the needle and in the bobbin.
- Construction is 100% poly, filament poly core wrapped with a spun poly outer layer.
So Fine! #50
- #50/3 lint-free filament polyester.
- Available in 134 colors.
- Ideal for quilting, general sewing, clothing construction, bobbin thread and serger.
- No slubs. No lint buildup.
- Smooth, even twist.