Appliqué is a decorative design made of one fabric sewn over another. There are several appliqué methods such as Hand Appliqué , Machine Appliqué , and Fusible Appliqué.
Hand Appliqué threads are usually a fine, light-weight thread. When Hand Appliquéing, the thread is typically hidden and not meant to be seen.
Cotton Hand Appliqué Threads
- MasterPiece is a #50 Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton.
- Avaiable in 75 colors.
- Ideal for hand and machine appliqué, fine detail quilting, piecing.
- Low lint.
- Also available in sets of 35 bobbins in a BobbinSaver. (See Frosted Donut)
Polyester Hand Appliqué Threads
- 60 wt. lint-free filament polyester thread available in 55 colors.
- Ideal for hand and invisible machine appliqué, detail quilting, embroidery, stitch-in-the-ditch, bobbin thread, trapunto, binding, free standing lace, heirloom sewing, serger thread, and garment construction.
- Several colors blend into fabrics so well that they appear invisible.
- Wonderful thread choice for micro stippling.
- The Bottom Line Thread (60 wt. lint-free filament polyester).
- Plastic-sided prewounds available in 36 colors.
- Available in L-style (approx. 100 yds.) prewound bobbins.
- Ideal for hand appliqué. (For machine use, we recommend our SuperBOB's cardboard-sided bobbins.)
Silk Hand Appliqué Threads
- Available in 80 colors.
- Ideal for hand appliqué and invisible machine appliqué, bobbin thread, and detail quilting.
- Kimono Silk #100 seems to disappear, hiding stitches and allowing the fabric to lie flat.
- Size A (.16mm in diameter.)