Freestanding lace is the application of creating a lace design without the need for fabric or stabilizer for support. Due to the dense stitching, the finished design can support itself. Freestanding lace is commonly designed and stitched digitally on an embroidery machine.
- 60 wt. lint-free filament polyester.
- Available in 55 colors.
- Ideal for hand and machine applique, detail quilting, embroidery, stitch-in-the-ditch, bobbin thread, trapunto, binding, free standing lace, heirloom sewing, serger thread, and garment construction.
- Several colors blend into fabrics so well that they appear invisible.
- #100 very fine Japanese filament silk.
- Available in 80 colors.
- Ideal for hand and invisible machine appliqué, detail quilting, lacework, and bobbin thread.
- Silk naturally has a lustrous sheen.
- #50 Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton.
- Available in 75 solid colors.
- Nature's finest thread.
- Ideal for appliqué, detail quilting, bobbin thread, and lacework.
- Very smooth with virtually no lint.
Dissolve 4x water soluble stabilizer is a wonderful backing material for freestanding lace. Simply stitch your design onto Dissolve 4x and soak in hot water. The Dissolve 4x will do just what its name suggests, dissolve, leaving your finished product intact.
Dissolve™ and Dissolve 4x™ are great for Heirloom Work, Free Motion Quilting, Embroidery on Towels, Delicate Fabrics, Thread Painting, and Freestanding Lace.