Superior Threads has many machine quilting threads consisting of four fibers: Cotton, Metallic, Polyester, and Silk. Each line offers unique quilting traits with a library collection of color palettes from which to choose from.
A #40 thread is the industry standard medium weight for quilting thread. A #30 thread is thicker/heavier than a #40. The smaller the number, the heavier the thread becomes.
- King Tut is a #40/3-ply Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton thread. King Tut really is nature's finest thread. A beautiful matte finish for any quilt project. Available in 133 variegated and solid colors.
- MasterPiece is a #50 Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton thread. Available in 75 colors. Ideal for piecing and detail quilting.
- Superior Metallic is the highest quality metallic thread. We guarantee our metallic thread to work on every well-maintained machine. Available in 25 colors.
- Glitter is ideal for quilting when a hologram effect is wanted. Glitter will add sparkle and dimension to any quilting project. Available in 24 colors.
- Art Studio Colors, Living Colors, Nature Colors, & Super Brights are different color lines of the same #40 high-sheen trilobal polyester. Wonderful for adding sheen to embroidery and quilting. Available in 160 colors.
- The Bottom Line is a 60 wt. 2-ply lint free polyester thread. Fine thread great for micro stippling and bobbin thread when quilting.
- LAVA is a #35 filament polyester thread. Available in 39 colors. Ideal for machine quilting and embroidery.
- Magnifico is a #40 high-tenacity (high-strength) trilobal polyester. Magnifico is designed for quilting and embroidery on high-speed machines. Available in 200 gorgeous colors.
- MonoPoly is a reduced-sheen invisible monofilament polyester thread. Ideal for invisible appliqué, quilting, bobbin, and apparel.
- NiteLite Extra Glow is a #40 polyester glow-in-the-dark thread. Charge it with natural or artificial light and watch it glow for up to 6 hours night after night. Available in 6 colors.
- OMNI is a Tex 30 (approx. 40 wt.) poly-wrapped poly core thread designed for longarm machine quilting and high-quality apparel and clothing construction. Available in 172 solid colors.
- Poly Quilter is a #30/3-ply extra-strength spun polyester thread designed for longarm and home machine quilting. Available in 36 colors.
- Rainbows is a #40 amazing variegated high-sheen trilobal polyester which is precision-dyed with a 1-inch color change. Creates gorgeous patterns in embroidery and quilting. Available in 62 colors.
- So Fine! #30 is a bright and beautiful #30/3-ply filament polyester. Lint free and extra strong for machine quilting. Available in 50 colors.
- So Fine! #40 is a variegated filament polyester. Not as high-sheen as Rainbows but it is stronger. Available in 35 colors.
- So Fine! #50 is a lint-free, extra smooth #50/3 filament polyester. Because it is a finer thread, it is intended to blend. Available in 134 colors.
- Kimono Silk is ideal for detail quilting because it is so fine, the thread seams to disappear into the fabric leaving perfect curves and points. Kimono Silk is also excellent for fine detail quilting adding a lustrous sheen, whether on a longarm or a domestic sewing machine. Available in 80 colors. Size #100.
- Quilter's Silk is a size #16 Japanese filament silk thread available in 36 colors.
- Tire Silk is available in two sizes, #30 and #50 with a selection of 171 colors.
- Tiara Variegated Silk is a size #50 Japanese filament silk thread available in 24 colors.