Solar Guard Thread™ is a bonded polyester which is primarily used in upholstery and furnishings that will be subject to UV rays or sunshine. Solar Guard Thread™ is UV fade resistant. Solar Guard is a Z twist thread.
- Available in 10 colors wound on 7 oz. cones.
- #69 3-ply- 2,843 yds. , Diameter = .0115" Tensile Strength = 11 lbs.
- #92 3-ply- 2,187 yds. , Diameter = .0133" Tensile Strength = 15 lbs.
- #138 3-ply- 3,000 yds. , Diameter = .0163" Tensile Strength = 21 lbs.
- #207 3-ply- 2,100 yds. , Diameter = .0200" Tensile Strength = 31 lbs.
- #277 3-ply- 1,500 yds. , Diameter = .0231" Tensile Strength = 44 lbs.
- Ideal for stitching outdoor furnishings, sails, convertible automobiles, awnings, and more.
- Weather resistant.
- Better UV resistance than bonded nylon.
- Recommended for any outdoor upholstery application.
- Solar Guard Thread™ is a great choice for outdoor applications. We recommend Superior’s Bonded Nylon for any indoor or non-direct sunlight applications due to its strength qualities.