Superior Threads has many threads which can be used for hand quilting. However, our Treasure Hand Quilting thread is specifically engineered for hand quilting and not meant to be used through a sewing machine. Using a waxed thread for hand quilting is recommended as the wax coating makes the thread stronger, stiffer, and helps to keep the thread from becoming tangled in itself when stitching.
- Treasure Hand Quilting thread is a waxed/coated cotton thread specifically designed for hand quilting. Size #30/3-ply. Available in 25 colors.
- King Tut Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton is a size #40/3-ply thread available in 133 solid and variegated colors.
- MasterPiece Egyptian-grown extra-long staple cotton is a size #50 thread available in 75 solid colors.
- Poly Quilter is a size #30/3-ply extra strong spun polyester available in 36 colors.
- Quilter's Silk is a size #16 Japanese filament silk thread available in 36 colors.
- Buttonhole Silk is a size #16 Japanese filament silk thread available in 121 colors.
- Tire Silk is available in two sizes, #30 & #50 available in 171 colors.
- Tiara Variegated Silk is a #50 Japanese filament silk thread available in 24 colors.