Clicky

Retail
You are not logged in. Login or create an account
Site Forums » Thread Discussion » Thread Matters » 50 weight Cotton Thread for FSL
50 weight Cotton Thread for FSL

Since you have changed the Master Piece thread from 2 ply to 3 ply I have heard that many embroiderers are having problems using it for Free Standing Lace.

I wounder what your recommendations are for using the 3 ply and getting a great stitch out for FSL embroidery.

Many embroiders that I know have experience problems with the 3 ply when embroidering FSL - such as thread breaks even with adjusting tensions.

Also would you consider bringing back the 2 ply Master Piece thread for those of us that do Free Standing Lace.

Many used the 2ply 50 weight Master Piece thread for FSL embroidery as it gave off very little lint in the bobbin area and little or no tension adjustments where needed for it to run smoothly in our machines.

I would hate to think that your customers now have to look else where for a good 50 weight cotton thread to use for FSL embroidery.
EastWitch2
Re: 50 weight Cotton Thread for FSL

Our MasterPiece bobbins will continue to be made in our 2-ply blend while our Spools and Cones will be in our 3-ply blend.

Our MasterPiece bobbins will continue to be made in our 2-ply blend while our Spools and Cones will be in our 3-ply blend.

Free Standing Lace requires a very large amount of thread as many FSL design such as FSL Bowls and Doillies are made up of many thousands of stitches.

FSL requires the same thread as top thread and also bobbin thread.

To give you a better understanding of the amount of thread used for FSL I usually buy 5000 yard cones in the colors I want to use to stitch Free Stranding lace and wind my own bobbins with it too.

Most Free standing Lace designs are digitized for 40 weight embroidery thread either Rayon or Polyester.

Many embroiderers like to substitute a high quality 50 weight Cotton thread in place of the 40 weight Rayon or Polyester thread for a more heirloom look to the FSL designs.

Master Piece 50 weight 2 ply thread was one of the best Cotton threads to use for this purpose as it gave off very little lint and was smooth running in home machines with out having to adjust tensions for FSL embroidery.

While you have the MasterPiece bobbins in the 2 ply you have changed the Master Piece Cones and spools to 3 ply.

Many have experienced problems using the new 3ply for FSl embroidery such as thread breaks.

Perhaps I should be asking what tenson settings you recommend for the use of 3 ply Master Piece thread in stitching Free Standing Lace Designs using a size 75/11 or 80/12 needle size?

As stated the 2 ply master Piece thread required no tension adjustments for stitching FSL.

Our 2-ply MasterPiece will still be available on our jumbo cones.
When using 3-ply, the average tension setting is 3.0.

Our 2-ply MasterPiece will still be available on our jumbo cones.
When using 3-ply, the average tension setting is 3.0.

Right now the MasterPiece Jumbo Cones on the Superior threads website are all 3 ply.
Is t here another page on the website showing the Jumbo cones of 2 Ply Master Piece thread?

We have updated our stock of 2 & 3-ply MasterPiece Jumbo cones. Please click on the 'Thread' tab, choose 'By Brand' and select 'MasterPiece'. Once there, you will see options for 2 & 3 ply MasterPiece Jumbo cones.
Thank you for your patience.

Will you be re stocking the colors of the 50 Weight 2 Ply Masterpiece thread - Jumbo cones that are not available at this time such as the colors Canvas, Bisque, and Parchment??

@dgartner - We have the Jumbo cones of MasterPiece in stock now! What a great way to start off the New Year :)