July-August 2006 Newsletter
Wise Words From Mother Superior
We occasionally are asked, "Why don't you have silk thread?' We have considered silk many times and every time we come to the same conclusion: Our Bottom Line thread is 1/15th the cost, is smoother, stronger, will last longer, does not knot up like silk tends to do, and is easier to use. We are not convinced that silk thread would be an advantage.
Win a Gift Certificate
Send us your ideas to help us serve you better (products, education, website, newsletter, customer service, anything). We'll award a $30 gift certificate for the best idea received each month and we will act on your ideas. In the e-mail subject line, please type '$30 idea."
Last month we asked for your help to create a site to share machine-specific tips and hints. We created the page on our website and have posted your tips and hints. The tips are listed by machine type and are easy to read. We will continue to add to this page as you send in your Tips and Hints. Please share your knowledge with others who have similar machines by e-mailing us with your tips and hints. To view the webpage, go to our home page http://www.superiorthreads.com/ and click on Education. This Tips and Hints is the first topic listed. Please keep them coming.
1. If you are interested in knowing how we design thread, select colors, and the who, why, where, and how of our work, a live interview is available online. Alex Anderson conducts the interview with Bob and Heather. It is available for audio play or download on Alex's website.
Here's the link: http://alexandersonquilts.com/podcast/
2. Last month we announced that a new jumbo rack is available to hold cones of thread. A photo is now on our website at http://www.superiorthreads.com/category/84 This wire rack has 8 rows across and 7 rows tall, with a total of 56 slots. Each slot holds up to 4 cones. Dimensions: 24"W x 12"D x 42"H. We sell these at our actual cost of $86.50. These are great for stores and the thread-aholic.
3. Stitch-outs for King Tut and Rainbows are now posted on our website. These are good photographs showing all 50 colors of each thread line stitched out on black and white fabrics. Each color is labeled by color number and color description.
For King Tut, click here: http://www.superiorthreads.com/category/17
For Rainbows, click here: http://www.superiorthreads.com/category/44
4. Polyarn color cards made with the actual thread are now available. Polyarn is a woollie-like thread, ideal for sergers, and is the smart replacement for woollie-like nylon threads. As with all our color cards, we sell these at our cost of $3.00.
5. M style prewound bobbins SuperBOBs has a new color. The Bottom Line color # 614 (Light Green) SuperBOBs are now in stock. 215 yds. per bobbin. It lasts forever!
Seminars and Workshops
Superior Threads offers informative and interesting seminars and workshops which teach all about thread types, qualities and techniques. The seminar has been presented at most major national quilting and sewing events. As a result of numerous requests to present seminars at local quilt guilds and quilt stores, we are pleased to make this program available in your area. In addition to the seminar, we offer our "Open Thread Bar" workshops which provide quilters and thread artists with exciting hands-on instruction using a variety of specialty threads. Details are listed on our website. On our home page, click on the Seminars & Workshops button or e-mail us for more information.
Invitation to Retail Stores
If you own or work at a store that carries any of our products, please add your store information to the Store Locator on our website. Customers can find you by country, state, or zip code. We will tell the world about the your store, list all Superior products you carry, list your phone number and website, and even provide a map. Listing is free. Here's the link: http://www.superiorthreads.com/locate/
Favorite Bumper Sticker
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Reminder: Before reading the Joke of the Month, please make a note to e-mail us with any tips or hints you use with a specific machine.
Bob's Superior Joke of the Month
A husband was reading an article to his wife about how many words people speak each day.
"Honey, did you know that women speak an average of 30,000 words a day and men speak only 15,000?"
The wife replied, "The reason is because we have to repeat everything to men."
The husband turned to his wife and asked, "What?"
Thank you for reading. Please forward to a friend and have a SUPERIOR day.
Bob Purcell, the Thread Professor
Superior Threads: The ONLY thread with a guarantee.
Copyright 2006 by Superior Threads. If you wish to reprint the Education portion of this newsletter, authorization is hereby granted as long as the source is clearly cited as follows: .
If this was forwarded to you and you want to subscribe, please click here: http://www.superiorthreads.com and go to Newsletter.
If you change your e-mail address, please click on the above link to add your new address and then delete your old address by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the newsletter.