After many years in development, we now have a polyester thread that has the high sheen of trilobal and the strength of filament polyester. It is a high tenacity (strength), high sheen trilobal filament polyester called Magnifico. Magnifico is unlike any other thread. Here’s why:
Magnifico consists of four main strands of thread. Each of these four main strands consist of 48 high strength micro-strands. Two 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set A. Another two sets of 48 micro-strands are twisted together into Set B. Then Set A (total 96 micro-strands) and Set B (total 96 micro-strands) are twisted together to make the final product. Magnifico is a thread made of 192 high-sheen, high strength micro-strands. The result is a strong, bright, beautiful 40 wt. thread ideal for quilting and embroidery.
- Available in 200 colors.
- TXT & TCH files for embroidery machines available. (Link to the right)
- Ideal for embroidery and quilting.
- High-sheen allows the thread to reflect color vividly and clearly.
- Unlike many other high-tenacity trilobal polyesters, Magnifico is 'heat set' in processing which eliminates shrinkage.
- Magnifico consists of 48 micro filaments x 4 ply (2 ply x 2 ply), for a total of 192 micro filaments resulting in spectacular sheen and strength.