Q. I don't know if this is a machine problem or a thread problem but thought I would start here. I have the Bernina 830 and am piecing with Masterpiece Thread. My top thread keeps breaking! My frustration level is going up fast. Could it be because the thread is coming off the top of the spool instead of the side? I put in a new needle but that hasn't helped. Thanks for any input you might have.
A. Override the setting and reduce the top tension to the 1.5 to 2.0 range. Make sure the spool is positioned vertically on the upright pin so the thread unwinds straight from the side and not over the end. This should fix it.
8. seo plugin (25 May 2015 at 5:30 a.m.)
7. mj (06 April 2013 at 6:08 a.m.)
6. Bev Firth (26 November 2012 at 6:35 p.m.)
5. Bob (06 November 2012 at 4:40 p.m.)
4. Julie Beard (04 November 2012 at 8:33 a.m.)
3. Debbie (03 November 2012 at 1:57 p.m.)
2. betsy (03 November 2012 at 1:54 p.m.)
1. Karen Garth (03 November 2012 at 12:11 p.m.)